Thursday 30 July 2015

Feeling Thankful and Onwards to a Healthier Lifestyle

When people see me with 2 boys, they ask me:  Are you going to try for another girl?

I smile and say no.  Even if we do decide to have No. 3 and it's a boy, so be it!  Disappointed?  Maybe a tiny bit but it's fine as long as the boys are healthy and happy.  That's what is important to us.  

Well, then people say… girls will be closer to Mummy and will have Mummy's heart (filial, doting and the list goes on).  Yes, maybe.  I am already resigned to the fact that I shall go shopping with my sister and friends in future!  Hahahahahaha  but who knows right?  The future's unknown.

For the record, I am not saying yay to boys and nay to girls.  What I would like to state is that regardless of the gender, each kid is different.  Thus, it is important to look beyond the behavior / personality associated with the different genders and this is why I am thankful for my two boys:

After discovering the emoji on our iPhones, the boys like sending them to Daddy if they lay their hands on my phone and vice versa.  It is particularly heartwarming when D ended it with something lovely, all typed on his own.  Boys can be really sweet too.  :)



They remind me that soft drinks are on the top of the food pyramid and I should stop drinking them.  They nag at me when they see me drinking a certain brand so I stop buying and drinking at home.  I think it's fair - just like I do not want them to go against me for something that is wrong, I should respect them as well (when they are not wrong).

I started jogging.  In a bid to living healthier and also to fight off the lethargy I have been feeling, I thought it is time to move more.  And guess what?  The boys decided to do so too!  They are now the ones who tell me that we should exercise (although maybe they wanted the playground fun after each long walk / jog.. haha).

"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a Superhero" - Marc Brown
Helping the brother with his shoes even though he irritates him no end, fights and squabbles with him every other day.

I could go on about the things they have done.  E is especially affectionate.  He has no qualms about showing his affection in the public, but only to us and he is a boy.  

So if you ask me, No, I would not want it any other way.  Because:

Today you are YOU
That is TRUER than true
There is NO ONE alive
who is YOUER than YOU!
- Dr Seuss



I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too!

2 comments:

  1. hehe next time you will gain 2 daughters to spend those girly times with you! ;)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Ai! But well, no expectations, no disappointments :P

      Delete