Sunday 22 November 2015

{Review} Let's Pull, Heave, Tug at The Enormous Turnip by I Theatre

Currently showing at SOTA Drama Theatre, the 55 minutes (no intervals) production by 
I Theatre is yet another hit with the 2 boys.  It is also a hit with most, if not all the children who were there.  They cheered, interacted, screamed and some were even part of the play at some point!


Photo Credit : I Theatre
Lovely house that I like, the story surrounds that of the gardener's and his wife, a tiny grey mouse and an enormous turnip.

A slight twist from the original Enormous Turnip story we all know (maybe), the catchy songs, entertaining conversations and excellent puppetry works makes what we think is one of the best production by I Theatre.  What a way to end the year!


Photo Credit : I Theatre
My favourite Eek the mouse.  The mouse who is deemed so tiny and weak.  But is it really so?


Photo Credit : I Theatre
Seriously, as a parent, if you listen carefully, the play is not just an entertainment or... just another play.  Children learn much from such plays - synonyms, adjectives, verbs.  They also learn about feelings and emotions.  

Much to discuss about, I will say.  Questions like, "how many times should you forgive someone when they make a mistake?", "is being small simply a weakness?" etc..

A fast paced, colourful and very interactive play.  Designed specially for children from as young as 3 years old, the cute characters and fun songs will definitely capture the children's attention.  In fact, the boys are asking to watch it again!



If you are thinking to bring your children to their first play, I say, let this be the one.  Book your tickets at Sistic now, before it ends on 6 December 2015.  A hint if you are booking, try to get the first few rows as you can see, there's a chance for children to participate!


Photo Credit : I Theatre
Disclosure: We were invited to The Enormous Turnip by I Theatre.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photos of the production (except that of Meet & Greet) are courtesy of I Theatre but all opinions are true to my own.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment