Saturday 6 February 2016

The Inaugural Stroller Race Singapore 2016

The inaugural Stroller Race Singapore 2016 was held on 17 January 2016 at the Sports Hub.

We did not participate in the family run this time but instead, the boys took part in the Kids Dash.  There were 4 different categories: Stroller Run 5km, Stroller Walk 5km, Family Run 5km and Kids Dash for 5 different age groups. 

The Stroller Race Singapore is a community event that allows families to participate in races together, and to lead active lives as a family unit.  The Stroller Race seeks to build an exciting event that almost all families with young children will be able to attend - even for those using strollers, prams and pushchairs.

With children as the main focus of the race, there were lots of activities for the kids.

Starting with some activities at the Sports Hub Library, which was a surprise as most libraries should be hush hush hush....


Getting into the mood and prepping for the real dash.  :)




This has got to be the most enjoyable of all the games.  Such that even E wanted to join in.  Trying to pull off one another's 3 "tails".  


The Kids Dash was at the Stadium.  Or rather the outside the stadium near the entrances.  Most kids love a tattoo and these tattoos are really long lasting.


I really really like the way the warm ups were conducted.  Different category age groups were separated at different areas around the stadium.  And for D's and E's, they had their warm ups done interestingly!

Some examples were running under the big colourful "parachute" and stretching and moving the limbs using the almost-every-kid-will-know song "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round".    I mean, it does not even seem to be warm-ups!


One parent may run with each child.  And each time, there were only like 8-10 children running with their parents beside or behind them.  Look at E's expression!  


A milestone for D!  Running 60m on his own.  I asked if he needed me to go with him and he told me that he could do it himself.  My little boy is growing up!  There were no timings, no competition.  Just pure running fun for the children.  All races were cheered and clapped and each child was given a medal at the end of their race.


For the older children, they ran between 400m to 800m.  And I see organisers / volunteers running alongside with the children, and the last one was not left alone which was good.  


My 2 happy boys  Pleased with the medals they obtain.  A race, especially planned for the little ones, I am looking forward to the next Stroller Race!


Disclosure: We were invited to the Stroller Race Singapore 2016.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photographs and opinions are true to my own.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment