Friday 6 March 2015

Lunch…. Eat What Huh?

Have you ever encountered this:  What's for lunch?  Lunch eat what huh?

I work in an area where there are quite a few coffeeshops and canteens, but every now and then, I wonder what to eat for lunch.  And no matter how simple home-cooked food is, it always taste better, not to mention healthier, cheaper and the list goes on and on and on….

Lunch was made up of some leftovers.  Macaroni frozen a couple of days ago, carrots and clams from a dinner previously.  It's a simple stir fry that I can add in whatever ingredients I have...


Ingredients:
- 1 piece fish cake
- 1/4 carrot, shredded
- some razor clams
- 2 dried oysters
- 150 gm macaroni
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- alittle soy sauce
- drizzle of sesame oil

Directions:
1. Soak dried oysters in hot water for 15 mins and chop coarsely
2. Cook macaroni accordingly to package (if uncooked).  If frozen beforehand, ensure it's thawed before frying.
3. Stir fry sliced fishcakes and set aside.
4. Heat some oil with garlic till fragrant before adding in the dried oysters and carrots and stir fry it till it is almost soft.
5. Add in the fishcake and macaroni and mix well.
6.  Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil and mix well.
7.  Finish up with adding in the razor clams and stir frying for a few seconds.

It looks like a lunch full of "good food" and what's lacking is probably greens!  




Dried oysters can be quite saltish thus I do not add in too much soy sauce.  I generally do not like overly saltish food as I grew up eating not-too-salty.  I cook my pork, chicken and whatever kind of porridge without adding in any soy sauce and some goes…. Are you serious?!  Yes, I am.  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment