Sunday 24 May 2015

{Media Invite} Run, Run As Fast As You Can~~~

Run, run, as fast as you can… the most significant imprint in my mind from The Gingerbread Man!  I read this book as a child and now, I read this story to both my boys.  Each time we read, I will make the story comical and fun (part of the plan to interest them in books huh).

When I Theatre invited both E and I to the theatre play, I decided to bring the whole kampung along as D loves theatre plays.  



Always arriving at least 30 minutes before the performance, we familiarize ourselves with the synopsis and cast.  Of course, D will get busy with the activities in the programme booklet.




It was a full house on a Saturday morning despite the almost never-ending rain.  I guess more parents are beginning to know that exposing our children to arts like theatre encourages creativity, learning and critical thinking.

I particularly like how the kids are involved in this production.  Each time the children shout out and join in the action with the cast, I see parents looking at their children and smiling to themselves.  I see parents, like myself, singing to the songs and clapping the small hands of their precious in sync with the rhythm.

So, what's The Gingerbread Man all about?  It is a story about a Little Old Woman and a Little Old Man, who wished that they have a little boy.  As the Little Old Woman makes the best gingerbread cookies, they decided one day that they will make a boy out of gingerbread.  Losing his patience in waiting for the Little Old Woman to be back from her errands to start baking, the Little Old Man decided to bake it himself.  It was not really a good idea as he was bad at following instructions and this meant…  Disaster!

Sing along, laugh heartily but remember the moral values of The Gingerbread Man.  The girls / boys may ask about the spoilt child.  



Recommended for 3 to 13 year olds and families, The Gingerbread Man by I Theatre runs till 7 June 2015.  Make your bookings through Sistic now before he runs off!

And if you are unaware, look out for I Theatre's next theatre plays in August and September.  Grab your tickets for Jewels in the Tale and The Way Back Home on Sistic now!



If you have enjoyed this post, please follow us on Facebook for the latest updates and sharings!

No comments:

Post a Comment