Thursday 8 October 2015

Pork Liver Soup, Do You Like It Too?

There is much debate about the benefits of pork liver.

High in cholesterol, high in Vitamin A which is why pregnant women should avoid it.  However, it is also a good source of iron and selenium.  

I have not been taking much of pork liver as the family dislikes it.  But I decided to buy some one Sunday and made this very simple pork liver soup for myself.  You know how the older generation folks believe that it helps with maintaining healthy red blood cell counts especially for those who are anaemic because it contains large amounts of iron.

Just $2 of liver is a lot!  Such that I could make 3 servings for myself but it's not good to keep liver for too long.  Thus, eat it on the day bought and at most the next day.


Ingredients
450ml water
1 knob of ginger, julienned
80gm liver (lesser if you do not like), sliced
Pinch of salt
Parsley

Directions
1. Boil water with ginger and salt.
2. After water is boiling, put in sliced liver and turn off the stove.  Cover the pot and let it stand for 4-5 minutes.  It should be just right, not 100% cooked but with a slight tinge of pink when you bite into it.
3. Garnish with parsley and season with some dark or light soya sauce if you wish to.
4. Some people like to include sesame oil or Chinese wine as well but I prefer mine just with a dipping sauce of dark soya sauce and cut chilli.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment