Monday 21 January 2019

Experience So Thai Spa During a Mummy's Trip!

2018 has been a year of travels for me.  5 trips, not including trips to neighbouring JB, 4 countries.


I wrote about my trip to Bangkok here and here.  

Blessed with a hubby who is totally hands-on, I am able to travel with friends.  Why travel without the family you ask?  And I will ask, why not?  To me, that does not make me any less a parent or a Mum.  I just feel that it is a time to reflect, make connections with like-minded friends and just relax. Back home, the world revolves around the family and work (for working mums like me).  Sometimes, I just want to wake up without the need to prep breakfast, wash water bottles, nag and babysit.  Hahaha!!!  Yes yes, i signed up for parenthood and I am not complaining.  I am just finding reasons to enjoy myself, even if it meant 3D2N.


Anyway, if you are thinking to travel sans kids, i will say, just do it!  I always come back a better human being.  And maybe that's what has been keeping me going - working, cooking, nagging......

The last trip to Phuket was indeed a rest and relax trip.  We checked ourselves into this huge villa.  And we ordered breakfast service.  On other days, we were out eating seafood, fast food.  But most times, we were just lazing in the villa, enjoying the blue skies and sea, soaking up the sunlight.

But what is a holiday in Thailand without a massage, right?  We were recommended to So Thai Spa Phuket, which has 3 outlets in Phuket.  I am somewhat picky with the massage places I go to, especially if it involves body massage.  Foot massage is fine as we all know that there are lots of shops along shopping streets at cheap prices but for body, I prefer to pay more for a better experience.


As were staying in the Surin area, So Thai Spa Phuket Privilege is just 8 minutes drive away.  Out of the Patong area, this spa's location is superb as its surroundings is quiet and zen.

Deciding the oil to use for my massage.  There is an option for aloe vera too if you are sunburnt.  


It always start off with a little treat.  No matter you are there for 2 hours or 4 hours.


A tip!  If you do not mind sharing a room with your friend (I'm sure partners are fine), it is always cheaper to book couple rooms!


We thoroughly enjoyed our 4-hour So Thai Treat which includes foot massage, body scrub, herbal ball compress and lastly, an aroma oil massage.

A treat in between.  After a shower after the scrub.


The massages were good!  So good that we went back for a 2 hour session before we flew home.  As most of the masseuses are not fluent in English, the receptionist (better command of English) will ask questions about which body part you want the massage to focus more on, any injuries so that they can be more careful.  During the massage, the masseuses will ask if their use of strength is okay.  Apart from that, I drifted off to dreamland most times.  

Refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to take on come what may.  


So Thai Spa has a few outlets in different parts of Thailand now and I will definitely have them in mind when I next travel to Bangkok.

Now, when can I have the next break?  Pretty soon, I am sure.  2019, please be good!



Disclosure: We were given discounts at So Thai Spa.  No monetary compensation was received.  All photos and opinions are true to my own unless otherwise stated.

I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment