Wednesday 2 December 2015

{Review} Micro-Resurfacing Rejuvenation Express Treatment Part 1

If you know me and have asked me before my skin concerns, you will know that I am very concerned with the pigmentation on my face, especially on my cheeks (okay, don't scrutinise me when you see me next time :P).   Thus, I changed my skincare to the whitening range sometime back.  What I did not know was whitening skincare can be very drying (oh yah, laugh at me.  :D).

I met up with Cherry, Managing Director of One Beauty Spa one fine day and learnt lots from her (you should have seen her skin!!  She looks so good!).  Dehydrated and congested skin are my two biggest concerns.  Cherry emphasises that apart from the facials and the care given by her beauty therapists, home care - the use of the correct skin care products and lifestyle habits are very important in achieving and maximising the effects of the therapy one goes through.

Some tips are:
1.  Sleeping early (we all know that our organs repair and heal themselves while we sleep and our liver detoxifies at some point from 11pm to 3am)
2.  Right use of skincare (for example, avoid products with alcohol ingredients as it is very drying)
3.  Drink at least 8 glasses of water

To deal with my congested skin condition, I was recommended the Micro-Resurfacing Rejuvenation Express treatment. 

Located along Liang Seah Street in Bugis, One Beauty Spa is just a couple of minutes walk from Bugis MRT Station and they have another outlet near Eunos MRT Station.


Once inside, I noticed the various awards.  One of the most important I felt, considering it is a beauty saloon / beauty spa / facial place is the CaseTrust certification.  




Having obtained the Style Picks: 2015 Best Beauty Treats, the Micro-Resurfacing Rejuvenation Treatment is definitely a must-try if one needs help to minimise acne and pitted scars, improve congested skin and balance oiliness.

Dim lights to make customers feel relaxed and at ease
The Micro-Resurfacing Rejuvenation Treatment uses innovative intradermal delivery (transdermal delivery) system with active cosmetic ingredients that penetrates into the deeper dermis layer, stimulating collagen production together with the aid of the Micro-needling procedure.  This, induces the skins' natural collagen creation and resurfacing healing for smoother and even skin.

 Going through the Micro-Resurfacing Rejuvenation Express treatment means letting the roller disc applicator (with acupuncture point at 0.25mm wide in diameter) creates more than 500,000 channels within 5-10 minutes, deep into the epidermis of the skin.  My therapist, Irene will always evaluate my skin before deciding how intensive the treatment should be.  For my first treatment, she was pretty easy on me.  Partly also to test my skin's reaction to the roller, which will create minimal dermal damage without the removal of healthy epidermis so that the healing period will be rapid and natual collagenesis will be allowed to occur.

My chin has been "rolled over".  :D
After the "rolling", a very powerful serum - a cocktail of active ingredients, was applied to accelerate healing.

The whole treatment took about 30-45 minutes.  It is best for busy people, like me.  I actually made use of the time the boys went for their activities to have my treatment done.  Doesn't look like a "lobster" after the first treatment which was phew, good.  The good is that the skin's absorption rate is at its optimal for the next 2 to 3 days so I simply slap on the best hydrating serum I have.  The bad - trying to not go under the sun for long periods of time as there is slight stinging of the skin.

My first session was pretty easy and as you can see, no redness.  The roller sounds scary but it is not.  Irene says once a person gets used to it, he / she might even sleep while the therapist rolls...  Haha I wonder if I will ever get to that stage.  I know it is not a miracle tool or treatment so I am not expecting to see results in just one treatment.  But it does feels good to know that the skin is in the process of being "decongested".  :D  Looking forward to clearer and more hydrated skin.  :)




Disclosure:  This is part 1 of a series of sponsored reviews by One Beauty Spa.  No monetary compensation was received.  Terms and product information about the product were provided by them.  All photographs and opinions are true to my own.

 
I'm on Facebook!  Please like me on Facebook if you have enjoyed this post as it's where I connect constantly with my readers.  I'm on Instagram and Twitter too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment